Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Negative calories...

Hello all. A new day and once again, renewed motivation towards weight loss!!

I am a member on this really cool calorie counting site. It has a great GUI and it is free. Two things that mean the world to me when it comes to sites I visit/use daily! So anyway, you put in what you eat and what activities you have done for the day and it adds up the calories that you have eaten and then it subtracts the calories you burn and leaves you with your net caloric intake which they show at the bottom of the page for each day of the week. To lose a pound a week you need to basically have a net deficit of 500 cal at the end of each day (deficit of 1,000 cal to lose 2 pounds a week - my goal).

It is great to have that little ticker down near the bottom of the page... so where am I going with this?!?!? Follow me.... at the top of the page you log on, there is this wonderful statement "You can eat about XXXX additional calories for [today]."

Here it comes... Wait for it.... Wait for it....

They calculate in the calories you have used up during your daily activities so if you were to never look down at the little net calorie thing you would actually be eating yourself towards being bigger or maintaining your weight! It took me about 3 weeks to get hip to the fact that hey, even if I exercise more this thing is not really telling me I can eat more....it is telling me what I could eat if I wanted to stay a lard butt!! I know my fault, I need to be smarter than the machine but hey, give me some credit. All I see is someone telling me I can eat more! Great!

So, I am back on track for real this time...I am going to try and stick with the calorie goal of 1100 calories a day. Which basically means stay out of my way because have you ever seen a hungry elephant be happy?!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home