Thursday, September 07, 2006

Off the Wagon

I am such a bad blogger these days. I have been out of touch with you all (all 3 of you who read my blog - smile). Anyway, bad news. I have not been watching what I eat. I have gained back 7 of my 10 lost pounds. Maybe part of it is PMS bloating, so I am hopeful. I know alot of it is stress. I have it coming from all directions right now. Back on topic ... A waste pipe was clogged for a week at our house and it meant that we could not use the dishwasher, kitchen sink, washing machine, or laundry sink. So that meant no cooking unless we wanted to do dishes in the bathtub. We opted for the minimal cooking approach, which meant that we were fast food junkies for that week. Mickey D's, Miss Wendy's Place, Taco Bell and Chik-Fil-A.... we did it all. Did I opt for the "healthy" routes? Nope, I got "the usual". Maybe it was good though. Now the sight or smell of fast food makes me want to puke. A week of eating it non-stop was too much. Once we got the sink fixed, I went out and got some fresh food. I grilled some boneless chops and made some cabbage and some rice. It was so good to sit down and eat something home cooked. My colon loved it too. I need to do some more cooking and package it up to carry with me through the day so I will not make bad decisions. I made another batch of cabbage last night to go with the leftover chops. Even better the second go round. Tonight is a no cook night though. I won't make it home until late. Anyone have a good quick tasty meal recipe they want to share? Something that is highly portable and can deal with sitting out half the day while I am in class. Pasta would be so easy ... I just don't need the carbs. *Sigh*

- Signing off ... Sad and Fat me....

5 Comments:

Blogger Kenz said...

Hey there! First time reader - you can make it 4 people that read now :)There's lots of easy things that are portable - try making some soup!! A heap of veges, some stock, yummo! It can last you a week and you can take it in a thermos or freeze some, and no carbs!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Lex said...

I agree with Kenz. Soup goes a long way and is super healthy. I made a pot last weekend (roasted red pepper and lentil).

I got the same way about fast food on vacation. I nearly died for 8 days. it's the worse. You'll see the pounds drop off when you introduce normal nourishment again. No worries. You've got enough as it is.

11:21 AM  
Blogger KMF said...

Thanks to both of you and...forgive my manners...welcome Kenz! Love the name! The soup in the thermos is genius. Frozen is extra genius! I can freeze it like I do my daughter's "food" for daycare! Yay! No worries about it "going bad" in my bag and it would be extra portable! I can double bag it so there would be no worries about spills on my uberexpensive law books! Yay! I am so happy now. So, Lex...when do I get a lentil soup recipeminus the red peppers?!?!? Thanks. I think soup will be my main travel food group now!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Cinders said...

Look - another reader.. Our Kenz is a very clever girl isn't she..

6:47 PM  
Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

5 readers!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home