Saturday, December 30, 2006

WTH?!?! I need to get in control...

So, I realize for the fifth time in the past year, that I need to gain control over my hideous weight problem. I am out shopping with the fam at the post when my father comes over to get me to show me a "nice suit" to see if I want it. He goes on and on about how sharp I would look and how all of the pieces are there (jacket, pants, skirt) and how good the suit feels (it is camel hair). I get to the rack with this suit on it and indeed, I would look sharp in it. Indeed all of the pieces to the suit are there. Indeed it did feel smoother than any other suit I have felt in life...I have to either getsomething made from camel hair or get a camel because it was smooth..but I digress. The one thing WRONG with the suit and the whole picture...it was a size 16!! I was so hurt but I tried on the jacket anyway to show him how utterly HUGE the thing is on me and to save face a bit. Do I look like I wear a freaking size 16 to the male population?!?!?! No offense to those who wear a size 16 or greater but just imagine someone coming up to you and asking you to look at an item that is 3-4 sizes larger than what you actually wear. I was cool at that moment with my father but I keep having flashbacks and I am more determined than ever. I have done well today with my eating and I plan to do some exercising when I make it into the house tonight. I will atleast move for 15 minutes if nothing else! Some squat and some jumping jacks and some push-ups. Sounds grrrrrrreat!

Also, to top things off, I have discovered that I CAN NOT maintain my blubberiness eating what I want as stated on my last post. Woe is me...5 pounds back on my hips. Some of it may be pms bloating which is also contributing to my emotional state (the pms that is) but I am sure it is my diet of french fries and ice cream catching up to me. :(

Current Weight: 160 pounds
Weight loss so far: 2 pounds
Biggest Temptation: Fast food - especially cheeseburgers and french fries!
My treat: Everything I have eaten lately has been a treat but my biggest food sin - eggnog
My best discovery: I can eat more than I could handle if I would just eat the RIGHT FOODS

3 Comments:

Blogger Sha-Dizzle said...

glad to see you back, sista! you've already started the new year 2 pounds down, sounds good to me. :)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He couldn't have been serious! But now he could have bought the suit for me. LOL

You're beautiful and you're going to reach your goal. I have no doubt.

Now, back to the grind for me. I've enjoyed the holidays. But the fun is over. I need to take your list to the grocery store with me. Thanks.

4:11 AM  
Blogger KMF said...

@Sha-dizzle

Thanks! Good to be back...this really does keep me motivated. I love reading about your Jenny meals!

@Lex
I think he was serious *sigh* He thinks I am huge which I guess I am in comparision to the rest of the "women" in his life. Well, Jai has a gut like me!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home